[ 681 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next
PostPosted: Sep 23, 2017 23:01 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
Since this is such a popular topic, I thought it would be appropriate to have a dedicated thread for it in order to ease the stress placed on the Not a Hero one.

This is the place to discus disapproval or approval of the model's appearance, so please consider taking conversations about it here instead of the Not a Hero thread, as it is quickly becoming more and more massive, making searching for new information and other discussions related to the DLC difficult.

Thank you, fellow Resident Evil/Biohazard fans!

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 7:11 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Now playing: Resident Evil 7
I like the new model,it's well made,realistic with the highest quality Capcom could do...but he doesn't fit Chris Redfield because he looks so different. I don't get some people saying that he was cartoonish,I guess Koshi has never saw Arnold Schwarzenagger in his golden age.

I am kind of accepting his new look in RE7,I guess there's nothing we can do about that,but Capcom could change him to a more similar model of old Chris in future games,my suggestion is Matt Mullins for modeling and motion cap,since he has a lot of badass martial skills.

For the voice...I liked David's,to me he sounds like a hoarser version of Roger. Kevin did a good work on Vendetta too,or maybe Roger could come back to the series.

But something that really is up to discussion is that Chris has 3 different looks and VOs in the same year!That is so weird

manocustaff has received a thanks from: Blackbird

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 9:55 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Biohazard: Revelations 2
PSN: matiasw93
manocustaff wrote:
I like the new model,it's well made,realistic with the highest quality Capcom could do...but he doesn't fit Chris Redfield because he looks so different. I don't get some people saying that he was cartoonish,I guess Koshi has never saw Arnold Schwarzenagger in his golden age.

I am kind of accepting his new look in RE7,I guess there's nothing we can do about that,but Capcom could change him to a more similar model of old Chris in future games,my suggestion is Matt Mullins for modeling and motion cap,since he has a lot of badass martial skills.

For the voice...I liked David's,to me he sounds like a hoarser version of Roger. Kevin did a good work on Vendetta too,or maybe Roger could come back to the series.

But something that really is up to discussion is that Chris has 3 different looks and VOs in the same year!That is so weird

Same here, Chris lost that cartoonish look in the Remake where they established his definitive model.
They could've made him look like good old Chris and within the same age as his RE6 and Vendetta counterparts but decided not to because they thought that they could get away with such a stupid decision as this one.

- Chris Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 10:05 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: Resident Evil Games
XBL: EvilResident777
The fact his hair color is lighter in concept art makes me wonder...

"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good, or even embodies itself completely therein"
- Franz Kafka

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 10:40 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
I seriously don't understand how people can sit there, compare RE5/6 Chris and RE7 Chris, and see a resemblance. I just don't.

I've wanked about this enough between friends but I wish they would have made this guy a new character. At the very least, the soldier you play as in UC (which I assumed because Blue Umbrella) or HUNK.

It's mind-boggling that Capcom expects us to roll with this under the guise of this being the "realistic model" of Chris. The suspension of disbelief just isn't there, especially taking into consideration Chris's appearance in Vendetta and the timeline in general.

... y'know, this is giving me flashbacks. I remember when fans were outraged towards Chris's sudden beef up in RE5. The difference between that and this is that comparing his CVX/REmake models to his 5, there were still similarities. You could look between them and easily go "yeah, that makes sense. I can see how that can turn into that." There's also the fact that it made sense for him to hulk up considering his line of work and the fact that he's going up against powerful, mutated beings for a living. Nu-Chris is blond, thin, and considerably younger, and doesn't have his signature dumbo ears.

The lack of dumbo ears is the most egregious part of it all!!!

pink herb has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 10:53 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Location: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
Now playing: All the Things
PSN: Bandage131
I'm still certain there's some sort of plot twist relating to why Chris looks so different. I don't know what that twist would be, I don't know what I want that twist to be, but there's literally no excuse for him to look so radically different just because he's modeled on a real person now. Wasn't his Remake model based on a real person as well? Could they not have hired that guy for his face and then Roger Craig Smith again for his voice?

So photogrammetry is a lazy excuse that doesn't even come close to being anything other than an excuse. There's a plot twist in the wings, I'm sure of it.

Bandage131 has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 11:01 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Bandage131 wrote:
There's a plot twist in the wings, I'm sure of it.

That's what I'm hoping for. I want this to be a red herring so badly. I'll be holding onto hope until the DLC releases for sure.

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 11:07 
4// Itchy. Tasty.
4// Itchy. Tasty.

Now playing: Biohazard 5
PSN: Sundowner_Sunder
XBL: SundownerSunder
Hypothetically, if the hair color was the only difference between this "Redfield" and our Chris it'd still be weird. The fact that his arch-nemesis was blonde makes the symbolism of this even more strange than it already is.

Wesker's gun, black outfit, blonde hair and working for Umbrella. All deliberately on purpose, but I don't know why go to such lengths. Since the explanations they gave were ludicrous I still believe they could be hiding something.

Albert Scottfield has received a thanks from: An Herb Sandwich

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 11:09 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

What I'm wondering is how the Japanese fans feel about it. Western opinion seems pretty divided.

PostPosted: Sep 24, 2017 11:31 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

PSN: NewsBot
Japanese fans feel the same way about his appearance. While he's voiced by Chris' usual JPN VA, the appearance is still incongruent to them.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW
 [ 681 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 69  Next