[ 7 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2012 10:35 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
With all these new RE games coming out, let's talk about REZero.

Now I was originally planning to just do a topic on Leech Zombies but that seems rather limited.

Most people, even RE0 lovers like myself, agree that the boss selection was the weakest in the series. However I don't think every monster in the game was lame.

Of the unique types that REZero introduced, I think the Leech Zombies/Mimicry Marcus were awesome. They had cool music, were genuinely threatening and disgusting and I just wish RE had more recurring "super-monsters" like them. (but not bosses)

I also think the Prototype Tyrant was kinda neat. It looks truly hideous even compared to the others and reminds me more of some sort of giant undead monster you'd see in a fantasy setting. The first confrontation with Rebecca, coming almost immediately after you are separated from Billy, was a great time to introduce the thing. It's just little ol' you vs. a frickin' Tyrant.

Um...other than that I'm not sure I have any real strong opinions on the other monsters. I don't hate the Eliminators. Putting the T-Virus in monkeys actually makes sense.

How about you all? Did you like any of the creatures in the game? And no, Hunters and Cerberuses (Cerberi?) don't count.

PostPosted: Jan 24, 2012 17:48 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Most of the monsters in BH0 were just uninspired. While I liked the Proto Tyrant, Plague Crawlers and Eliminators, I found the rest to be bad. I was not fond of the weird Leech obsession, nor did I prefer the whole "let's just make this creature huge" mentality. It was fine in previous games in isolated cases but when you pull the most generic creatures imaginable such as a bat (which previously did not go huge all of a sudden), scorpion and centipede and subject them to it? No.

The remaining enemies were just taken directly from other games so aside from that, can't really complain about them. Hunters have always been fuck-awesome and Cerberus' are... Cerberus.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 25, 2012 16:55 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard
XBL: Cyberote
Yeah I hated the giant scorpion, centipede and bat. They just seemed lazy. I did enjoy the leech zombies. I still freak out when I see them. The proto Tyrant was probably my favorite. The thing looks absolutely horrible, but in a good, scary way. It was great to see what happened before the ever-so-famous T-002.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 29, 2012 22:25 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Now playing: RE6, XCOM: E.U, Black Ops 2
PSN: DoctorDeathPHD
XBL: MrDeath125
I actually did not mind the Scorpion. Really liked that boss fight. However i agree with the giant bat, which was a major inconsistency, and the centipede. Plague Crawlers were alright, same with the leech men. I hated the eliminators though.

PostPosted: Feb 02, 2012 7:25 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Batman: Arkham City
PSN: solarstar81
I kind of wonder where in the train the giant scorpion was kept. I had the feeling Marcus really liked to experiment on bugs. Hunters were always good to see.

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2012 8:49 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking
Resident Evil Fan

Most of the new ones were kind of pathetic. The leech thing was another variation on "more, more tentacles" but I didn't mind it that much. Throwing giant bugs in everywhere is lazy though, and I don't get the reasons for it - nobody ever says the Moth from RE2 was awesome...

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2012 10:03 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Now playing: SP SOT
PSN: Agent-RedJackal
Considering this took place in the early stages of bio-weapon development, I don't really think the monsters should have been expected to be that unique beyond either being animals that were zombie-fied, have increased muscle-mass/size and aggression or any of the special monsters found in the mansion that were typical fare. I mean the leeches really, were the only pivotal experiment existing there. Oh, and the proto-tyrant of course.

The Mimicry-Marcuses(coupled with the music and popping out of places such as bathrooms) scared the crap out of me when I played the first time though. It reminded me of a Silent Hill-like monster, but it could move a lot faster, with those flailing arms and it's wormy appearance.

[ 7 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard