Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Apr 07, 2012 4:42 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Resident Evil Survivor
XBL: ARKLAY FOREST
Dead Aim is simply not a spin-off. The narrative centers on main story subjects, with direct reference to the Raccoon City outbreak, and a potential cause. The Spencer Rain setting with its 'The Shining' style sinister corridors, and its atmospheric soundtrack is pure survival horror on levels that RE5 failed miserably. The content of the files provides information that is vital to the series canon. This is not as spin-off, or a poor game by any stretch of the imagination. There are other RE games that don't even bother with canon files.
Whether community members agree or disagree with this, your comments via an MP3 for the next Project Umbrella Podcast, featuring Dead Aim, would be greatly appreciated. These can be emailed to any PU staff member { George_Trevor@Crimson-Head.com }

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 07, 2012 4:48 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
It's a "spin-off" in that it isn't part of the main series and is a "GUN SURVIVOR" game (which are spin-offs by nature), however from a storyline perspective, it is directly related to the main series and is not a spin-off like Gaiden and Operation Raccoon City. The latter have nothing to do with the main series.

Quote:
GUN SURVIVOR 4 BIOHAZARD HEROES NEVER DIE [GS4]
Released February 13, 2003 (PlayStation 2)
Am extra product equal to 8 series products in total. It describes the seajacking case of the luxurious cruise ship Spencer Rain using the t-Virus stolen in the beginning. It was introduced as an "extra edition" in the "GUN SURVIVOR" series, but the world-view is the same as the main volume series.

It's the best spin-off in the series, though. And it's a nice change of pace within the storyline itself, set between two distinct places in the timeline (Raccoon City, Umbrella's End).

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Apr 09, 2012 12:19 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: Reaper1691
I Enjoyed Playing Dead Aim, With or Without a GunCon. Its One Of Very Few RE Games That a HeadShot Kills a Zombie In 1 Hit. It Also Has a Dodge Mechanic, Which Is More Forgiving on Timing Than RE3. I've Probably Beat It Over 10 Times and Can See Myself Going Back To It.

PostPosted: May 08, 2012 15:58 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: Resident Evil 6 PS3
PSN: ResidentEvil720
Wii: 7909698658312
Funny there are so many pro-Dead Aim people here. I mean I declared Dead Aim as my least favorite Resident Evil game. Survivor was my second least favorite game. Besides 15 minutes into this game, just like any other game that a lot of movement, my stomach feels dizzy and sick.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: May 10, 2012 8:59 
Banned
Banned

I really liked it back in '03 when it was released. I recall RE games were consistently being released back then. We got RE1 remake, 0 and Dead Aim all within 1 year...

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 17:19 
Chief of Police, co-conspirator

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
I just played through this again last night and I have to say, it's really not bad at all.

I hooked up the old Guncon and blew through it in about 2 hours, interesting files to read some creepy bosses like that giant, fat, blind, convict guy. Whenever I think of this game that giant blind boss comes to mind, *shivers* he just creeps me out lol.

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 18:29 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
XBL: Symphony X 319
I honestly don't understand the love some of you guys have for this game. It's not completely awful, but everything about it seems cheaply-made. The ship is really the only interesting part, since once Bruce reaches the island it turns into a never-ending stream of identical corridors (the only memorable post-ship part for me was the battle against the fat, blind tyrant).

The cut scenes are awful, and the characters' voices are so low and muddled that it's almost impossible to make out what they're saying. The story also felt like it was written in five minutes.

If this game had the gameplay of RE4 and a massive environmental overhaul, it would have been much better. Remember when Bruce reaches the island and the cut scene shows him in a creepy abandoned area? Why couldn't we have explored that as opposed to cut-and-paste underground hallways?

PostPosted: Sep 16, 2012 21:07 

PSN: FadedBlackangel
XBL: FadedBlackangel
Haha don't get me wrong, I'm not in love with dead aim. I was just saying that for what I expected it wasn't bad, it was actually hilarious how the subtitles hardly matched what the characters were saying. Not to mention how funny the hunters and tyrant looked walking around. And then there's that guy that somehow turned into a female looking tyrant, Morphius (spelling on that lol) I think was his name. He was just was plain weird.

PostPosted: Sep 17, 2012 1:39 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
XBL: Symphony X 319
It wasn't directed at you, Faded, or anyone in particular, really, but I've just seen a lot of love for this game amongst the RE community and I don't quite get it.

Also, thanks for reminding me about the hilarious-looking hunters with their grumpy old frog faces.

That, as well as the subtitles, are just two more reasons why I find the game to be cheaply-done. And Morpheus's tyrant sex change made no sense whatsoever.

[ 19 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2