[ 23 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Oct 09, 2011 11:51 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
MixedHerb, you have to obtain the keycard but do not have to examine it. The prompt will not pop up without it having been found already.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Oct 09, 2011 12:37 
The Chemist
Biohaze Supporter

PSN: TheMixedHerb
Oh really? It's been that long since I've actually bothered to do it haha.

Another little trick I know is that when you use the Blue and Silver keycards on the shutters/grates, you don't have to be facing the card reader, you can just press the action button on the shutter/grate itself and it'll cut to the card reader. Saving you the time to turn and face the reader. Every little helps I guess.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2011 18:53 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: The Last Of Us
A few days ago I tried the Bandersnatch trick and it worked really well! Although I agree that at a point he eventually hits you. My guess is that it is a temporary thing.

Also, when I ran into the clock puzzle (In the room after you place the Gold Lugers on the door) I blanked out the year to put in. I know the steps were on the paper but I felt it was a waste of time for a speed-run. That's when I read this forum and said "I'd love to have the codes put up" Lol

PostPosted: Nov 04, 2011 19:49 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 1.5
PSN: jill-sanwich
A tip for the steve fight is to run behind him as soon as you regain control. Once you run around him RUN FOR DEAR LIFE !!! and you will have gotten away from steve unharmed.

PostPosted: Mar 07, 2012 12:07 
The Chemist
Biohaze Supporter

Got an A rank time of 2:12 last night, could definitely be improved though. Just thought I'd post the codes and stuff to help people save time.

The code for the main hall of the residence is NTC0394.
The solution to save Steve is C, E, Decide. (Input = Right right. Enter. Right right. Enter. Right right. Enter.)
To get into the room with the painting you need to input 1126 (though it tells you this when you open the door anyway).
The password to Alfred's computer is 1971

The painting puzzle is hard to explain, but it's basically:

Wall / Position.

Left / Bottom
Top / Right
Right / Bottom
Top / Left
Right / Top
Left / Top

Then the main Alfred painting.

Also note that you have to examine the octagonal hole in the mining room in Antartica or else using the Valve will have no effect on the machine, it's best to check it when you go to turn on the power.

The chemical storage code is 12.8. (If you enter here before getting the Door Knob you'll skip a Hunter as well. The Hunters that spawn in the turntable room disappear after you get the Turntable Key, which is handy.)

The solution to the pressure console is 3-3-3-3-10-3-5
The paper weight puzzle: AA - King - Heart - Spade

And the final code is VERONICA but I think everyone knows that already. Also for completionists sake, the puzzle for the Luger Replica is Red, Green, Blue, Brown though it isn't mandatory for completion, it just unlocks Steve in the Battle Mode.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 11, 2013 14:42 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Silent Hill Downpour
PSN: The_Amihaze
XBL: Amihaze
TheMixedHerb wrote:
Got an A rank time of 2:12 last night, could definitely be improved though. Just thought I'd post the codes and stuff to help people save time.

The code for the main hall of the residence is NTC0394.
The solution to save Steve is C, E, Decide. (Input = Right right. Enter. Right right. Enter. Right right. Enter.)
To get into the room with the painting you need to input 1126 (though it tells you this when you open the door anyway).
The password to Alfred's computer is 1971

The painting puzzle is hard to explain, but it's basically:

Wall / Position.

Left / Bottom
Top / Right
Right / Bottom
Top / Left
Right / Top
Left / Top

Then the main Alfred painting.

Also note that you have to examine the octagonal hole in the mining room in Antartica or else using the Valve will have no effect on the machine, it's best to check it when you go to turn on the power.

The chemical storage code is 12.8. (If you enter here before getting the Door Knob you'll skip a Hunter as well. The Hunters that spawn in the turntable room disappear after you get the Turntable Key, which is handy.)

The solution to the pressure console is 3-3-3-3-10-3-5
The paper weight puzzle: AA - King - Heart - Spade

And the final code is VERONICA but I think everyone knows that already. Also for completionists sake, the puzzle for the Luger Replica is Red, Green, Blue, Brown though it isn't mandatory for completion, it just unlocks Steve in the Battle Mode.

Sorry for the thread necro, but I wanted to thank you for posting this. I finally beat RE4 HD and want to do my speed run of CVX now. I was doing good last time until I made wrong turn after Steve killed his father. Lost a lot of health and ammo and was pretty much screwed after that.

The prison parts with Claire should be a breeze. I generally just dodge zombies I know I can avoid and take down any enemies that I'm not so sure of to save health. I can save the BOW rounds for the Tyrant, but what do you suggest using on him when he first appears between you and the airport? Explosive arrows? This is the fight that normally bites into my ammo and hurts me when I get to the plane fight.

Nosferatu shouldn't be too difficult. I might just save up that bow and make sure I load that into it as well. Any tips for Chris' part in particular? I imagine those hunters can be a death sentence to an A/S-rank run.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 12, 2013 15:00 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: Tekken Tag 2
PSN: Pesara
3DS: 096291641894
I personally always saved the BOW gas rounds for the Tyrant on the plane. Just fire off the rounds, push the button, and you're done!

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2013 10:42 
The Chemist
Biohaze Supporter

I usually use the 3 BOW Gas rounds + 3 or so explosive arrows for Tyrant on the plane, not the fastest method but by far the safest. I don't ever recall the 3 BOW gas rounds alone working since you can use all 3 and shoot a few rounds with any gun and still not damage him enough.

As for the fight with him before that I personally just run forward a few steps and blast him with the Grenade Launcher (w/ Normal rounds), it depends on the spread but iirc it's an average of about 8 shots, I haven't played in months but I think that's around the right area.

Nosferatu can be taken down just with Alfred's rifle so it's best to go for that if you can, I usually take the AK (or whatever gun it is) in the Mining Room Key... room as a fail safe, after trying it in knife runs so much I find that more comfortable than any other method now though I wouldn't recommend it for an S/A Rank run unless you really know how he works, since one slip up is instant death.

Alexia 1 in the hall can be taken down in 3 Grenade round shots, just make sure Chris has it equipped before Claire's part then as the fight starts, aim and fire, don't stop until you've fired 3 rounds and she'll be down.

For the final Alexia fights, in the first part she'll go down with one hit from any weapon. If you plan ahead you can save about 13 Explosive Arrows for this part since that's all you need to take her down. Using the Grenade Launcher w/normal grenades damages her a lot as well.

As for the Hunters, they're a pain and can be somewhat unpredictable. My only advice would be to carry a healing item with you or at least know where they are, blue herbs will help as well since poison isn't nice.

EDIT: Found some of my old boss notes (mostly when I was testing if the BOW gas rounds were worth it in a full on speedrun - turns out they're not, but they're useful if you're only going for an S/A Rank.)

Tyrant 1 (Bridge)

1 BOW Gas, 4 Grenade Rounds.
2 BOW Gas, 2 Grenade.

Tyrant 2 (Cargo)

1 BOW, 6 Grenade.
2 BOW, 4 Grenade.

1 BOW, 10 Explosive Arrows, 1 Grenade.
1 BOW, 9 Explosive, 2 Grenades.

2 BOW, 10 Explosive.
2 BOW, 6 Explosive.
3 BOW, 1 Explosive + 6 Normal Arrows.

Alexia 1 (Main Hall)

3 Grenade.

Alexia 2

1 BOW, 13 Explosive.
2 BOW, 13 Explosive.

10 Grenade (depending on spread).

BOW Gas rounds don't work on Alexia, hence why 1 BOW and 2 BOW result in the same amount of explosive arrows.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2013 18:51 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Now playing: Silent Hill Downpour
PSN: The_Amihaze
XBL: Amihaze
^I don't know who you are. I don't know where you came from. But I freaking love you.

Definitely keeping this window open while doing my run. Will get it done between college and other projects, hopefully sink my teeth into it this Friday.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Jan 14, 2013 20:23 
Random Cover Guy
Random Cover Guy

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
XBL: Symphony X 319
I agree with all of TheMixedHerb's strategies, and can definitely say that they're accurate. The only thing I do differently is use the magnum on Alexia's first form since I don't want to risk getting close enough to her to use grenades!

[ 23 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Classic Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next