[ 22 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohaze

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you support the website/forums being available in Korean?

Yes 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Maybe 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4

Post subject: Korean language
PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 0:53 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak
I was just wondering if anyone else would like to see Biohaze available in Korean. Right now you only have English (btw the Union Jack should be replaced with the American flag), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Spanish. So does anyone else support this notion?

Post subject: Re: Korean language
PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 8:03 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Now playing: Tekken Tag 2
PSN: Pesara
3DS: 096291641894
Why Korean in particular? What about other languages?
And English should stay with the Union Jack, Britain did create the language, not America. It is called English after all, not American.

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 13:27 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

YayForYuffie wrote:
Why Korean in particular? What about other languages?
And English should stay with the Union Jack, Britain did create the language, not America. It is called English after all, not American.

Because America is the most powerful country in the world, Britain pretty isn't even a sovereign country anymore and England doesn't even have devolution so they're also effectively a non-country. Plus for the past 70 years all they have done is attatch themselves to America like a remora to a shark. When people think of the English language, they don't think of some little tiny island monarchy, they think of America, the Hegemony of the Free World. Not to mention the majority of the members here aren't British, they're American. Compare these two:
America: 312,799,000 people / 3,794,101 sq mi
England: 51,446,000 people / 50,346 sq mi

Also lol @ "Britain created the language" XD, good one.

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 13:47 
Test subject 19
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard
Now playing: RE5, RE2, RE3...All of them.
XBL: USS Agent Eo
*Sigh* Here we go, bordering on politics again.

*Sigh 2* Here we go again, Americans thinking they rule the world and that they created everything in the history of mankind.

And no, I feel korean is pointless. The languages we have are fine, and I feel they are the main ones. If we do that, why don't we just as well add swedish, albanian, polish and swahili.

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:12 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

Ununoctium wrote:
1. Because America is the most powerful country in the world. 2. Britain pretty isn't even a sovereign country anymore. 3. England doesn't even have devolution so they're also effectively a non-country. 4. Plus for the past 70 years all they have done is attatch themselves to America like a remora to a shark. 5. When people think of the English language, they don't think of some little tiny island monarchy, they think of America, the Hegemony of the Free World. 6. Not to mention the majority of the members here aren't British, they're American. 7. Compare these two:
England: 51,446,000 people / 50,346 sq mi. 8. Also lol @ "Britain created the language" XD, good one.
I put numbers before each statement I was responding to, just for clarification. Which I doubt you need, but anyway.

1. China disagrees.
2. Perhaps that's because Britain is spread over multiple countries.
3. /facepalm
4. Parasites, not allies? That's lovely.
5. Uhh, no.
6. Therefore, change the flag? What?
7. It's still the ENGLISH language, regardless of the size of America.
8. Oh sorry, the Anglo-Saxons in England created it.

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:30 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

You're an Irish Republican, aren't you supposed to hate England and the UK with every fiber of your being?

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:33 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Ununoctium wrote:
Because America is the most powerful country in the world, Britain pretty isn't even a sovereign country anymore and England doesn't even have devolution so they're also effectively a non-country. Plus for the past 70 years all they have done is attatch themselves to America like a remora to a shark. When people think of the English language, they don't think of some little tiny island monarchy, they think of America, the Hegemony of the Free World. Not to mention the majority of the members here aren't British, they're American. Compare these two:
England: 51,446,000 people / 50,346 sq mi

Also lol @ "Britain created the language" XD, good one.

Anglo-Saxon settlers brought Old English to England. It evolved in England and became Middle English, and then later Early Modern English/Elizabethan English and finally Modern English following the Great Vowel Shift in the south of England in the 15th century. Ergo, what we now refer to as the "English language" arose exclusively from England. Americans speak it because of English colonization of America. Furthermore, most Caucasian Americans are actually of German descent. And if they're not German, they're of British descent (all of the founding fathers were British also).

Additionally, Britain is a sovereign unitary state. England does not require devolution as it is the central country in the state, while Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland all have a degree of autonomous devolved power. Britain is also not a monarchy, the "Royal Family" has very little actual power and is almost exclusively decorative in this day and age.

In conclusion, shut the fuck up.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

News Bot has received 2 thanks from: Agent Eoweniel, Mr. Spencer
 Profile WWW

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:37 
Sashay away'd
Mikami's Head

Ununoctium wrote:
You're an Irish Republican, aren't you supposed to hate England and the UK with every fiber of your being?

Oh please! Those times are long gone. Should I be repulsed by News Bot, or Stu, or Mr. Spencer because of where they're from? Uhhh, no. 1916 has come and gone.

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:46 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
In regards to the OP, we simply added what was available from phpBB at the time. No thought went into the selection honestly, other than the Japanese side as there were plans for a bilingual website (considering the games origin).

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Dec 19, 2011 14:57 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

YayForYuffie wrote:
Ununoctium wrote:

Oh please! Those times are long gone. Should I be repulsed by News Bot, or Stu, or Mr. Spencer because of where they're from? Uhhh, no. 1916 has come and gone.

Are you trying to tell me that you don't feel the urge to blow yourself up, taking Ulster nationalists with you?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  Share on Facebook Twitter
 [ 22 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohaze

Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next