Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 0:18 
The Dragon
Chat Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
I have a feeling that the weapon-wielders will definitely be like the Ganados in RE:4 and 5- being able to use chainsaws and Gatling guns...I just have a sneaking suspicion they won't pop up except for on occasion just to fuck you up in the most inconvenient ways possible.

As for Chris's traumatic experience I really want to say it involves Claire or Jill (Heaven help Capcom if ANYTHING happens to Jill. :| )
I remember in the trailer Chris's companion saying something like "Your personal vendetta shouldn't get in the way of _______." If he's calling someone a bitch- it HAS to be for a reason, since he only showed any type of inner conflict with Wesker. I have a feeling Sheva is out for good- but since we are pretty much forced to associate Chris with Jill- I have a feeling something involves her. Just like we associate Leon with Ada and she wasn't even confirmed(?) in the game yet. (A woman in red was seen in the trailer crashing through the bus...)

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 0:18 
Monster
Biohaze Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Rombie wrote:
^ Yeah, except you know that's not going to be the case. Why would you need the action control elements mentioned and also as shown by Leon in the trailer if they're just going to be randomly shooting?

Dodging general zombie attacks, who are more aggressive now from the looks of that jumping zombie :razz: That would fit the bill nicely. Unlike the old school games, there seems to be enough zombies on screen (and more dangerous to boot) that a change of controls would be welcome. Especially if they retain the whole "survival" feel and limit ammo. Item boxes are out of the question I suppose, but I'm hoping for some item management elements we're used to with the series. Don't want a Silent Hill approach myself with infinite item capacity.

Also, Chris' part is looking to be distinctly different and those elements of the new controls will come in handy against tougher BOW's. I'm also not ruling out Chris, or Leon for that matter, facing other types of *stock* enemies (ie. zombies), which may or may not be BOW's. I really can't see them ditching Ganado elements completely.

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 0:50 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PSN: seanquan
XBL: seanquans
I'm a little skeptical on the shooting zombies idea as well. As long as this doesn't turn into a cover shooter like Gears of War it might be alright.

As mentioned before the occasional enemeis in 4 and 5 wielded guns and weren't that big of an issue. but if I have to start waiting for a zombie to stop popping in and out of cover I'm going to shit a brick.

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 0:54 
Biohaze Owner
Biohaze Owner

Favorite title: Biohazard
Like Romero's movies is fine, but do you really think Capcom will stop there? Let's hope so. Otherwise what is the point of even having different styled scenarios? Leon's was not supposed to play like Chris', etc. We'll have enough of that filth later in the game likely.

Rombie wrote:
I swear we should just start applying the Sonic cycle to Resident Evil now...

Yeah, I can't argue this sadly. Haha.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 1:44 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Now playing: Resident Evil 6
I'm thinking that they forgot how zombies are supposed to react and just act in general. All that's left of a typical zombie is the base instinct to feed on flesh, perhaps whatever virus they are infected with gives them a more specific purpose by allowing just slightly higher function of the brain? Maybe it allows them to to feel the need to survive instead of only feed, thus giving them the thoughts to have weapons. Although wasn't there something in the notes that said they would be afforded tools to give some semblance of whatever job they had prior to being infected.

Not that I'm defending the choices they are making, but they are updating the controls to allow you to move and shoot so having the same old shambling zombies just wouldn't cut it. However, rather than giving them tools and speed, why not just up the numbers of enemies? I know there will be ammo out the wahzoo most likely, but having more enemies to shoot at could level the field so to speak.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 1:56 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
Zombies in RE6? Ganados in zombie clothing, haha. I swear we'll see a "zombie" using a chainsaw or a gatling gun.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 2:08 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: The Evil Within
PSN: Klokateer1986
I gurantee by weapons, they mean blunt objects, rocks, 2 x 4's, etc. Even then, it probably won't be all zombie types utilizing weapons. Judging by the trailer alone, the residents of Tall Oaks are far from being reskinned Majini, even if they are more advanced than your average flesh muncher.

I've stuck with the series this long, but If Zombies start using guns, and planning attacks Land of the Dead style, I'll have to abandon ship. I truly hope Capcom doesn't fuck this up.

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 2:34 
Rodimus Prime
Biohaze Coder

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Grand Theft Auto V
I didn't see any zombie wielding an AK-47 (yet) so weapons is most likely limited to wrenches/axes/shovels, etc.; rocks, objects found on the road, you name it.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 3:05 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Second Sons
PSN: bubbaq
Zombies wielding weapons really doesn't bother me. It happened in the resident evil novels so I'm kinda used to the idea. I really hope they do this game justice though. I really stoked for it and the new info just makes me even more excited :D

PSN: bubbaq

Profile YIM

PostPosted: Feb 16, 2012 3:40 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: P.T.
PSN: JokerJo7
In regards to the zombies using weapons it's probably items they died with trying to defend themselves. Happened all the time in Romero's dead saga.

Oh Capcom, they're the biggest trolls ever, I can see it now.

'You saved Jill in RE5? Lolno, she's dead before RE6 takes place. :). $5 to save her as DLC.'

Profile WWW
 [ 65 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next