PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 20:44 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120

Slant Six confirmed via their twitter that they'll be releasing a special edition stereo Headset for Operation Raccoon City in March to coincide with the games release. You can check out the headset here over on amazon.com. No details yet on pricing for the headset however.

We'll update with more info when it comes.

Source: Amazon

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 21:18 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
Kinda crappy looking and cheap if you ask me. I'm no expert but they don't look very sturdy at all, and what the hell with the wire??? Ps3 is wireless for fucks sake. Reason #2 why they don't look good. Now had they done something with Turtle Beach like Activision did with the MW3 headsets then I may have had a different tune.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 02, 2012 21:23 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Now playing: Silent Hill 4 The Room, RE3
PSN: HaIcian
XBL: lnfuriating
Just to add, with special edition headsets like these what they do is use a pre-existing models, give it a paint job and call it something different then jack up the price. That's exactly what they did with the MW3 Limited Edition line of headsets.

Profile YIM

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 2:36 
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
I feel like this game is at a party and keeps saying stupid crap.

Like, it doesn't realize that everyone else is kinda just nodding and laughing at the stupid shit it says to keep things from getting weird but it just doesn't get the hint.

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 5:13 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Agent Wong wrote:
Kinda crappy looking and cheap if you ask me. I'm no expert but they don't look very sturdy at all, and what the hell with the wire??? Ps3 is wireless for fucks sake. Reason #2 why they don't look good. Now had they done something with Turtle Beach like Activision did with the MW3 headsets then I may have had a different tune.

The wire is because it connects to your TV also so you can run every sound through the headset if you wish, or else just voice chat.

Plugs into USB on PS3 for voice chat and into audio out sockets on the TV for in-game sounds.

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 17:31 
Grappling-Hook Maniac
Biohaze Supporter

BiohazardGT wrote:
Just to add, with special edition headsets like these what they do is use a pre-existing models, give it a paint job and call it something different then jack up the price. That's exactly what they did with the MW3 Limited Edition line of headsets.

They did jack up the price a bit with MW3 sets, but it was only like 40 dollars on the higher up models.

DeadMeat wrote:
The wire is because it connects to your TV also so you can run every sound through the headset if you wish, or else just voice chat.

Plugs into USB on PS3 for voice chat and into audio out sockets on the TV for in-game sounds.

Still, they went the cheap way and it came with wires. Blegh I say.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 20:30 
The Dragon
Chat Moderator

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
PSN: Robyn-The-Dragon
At Wal-Mart, I've seen some of the stupidest, most generic accessories sold on plastic with overused designs and we don't sell 'em for cheap. I actually had someone try to convince me that just because a Xbox Controller had a HALO decal on it- that it was endorsed and approved by Microsoft, therefor it was a good product. $60 dollars and he bought it. Same with COD:MW3, MARIO, and just about anything that comes with a Special Edition. Usually comes with a cheap plastic figurine, patch, or booklet and people pay out the ass for it. I never buy special editions now unless I see HD shots of what I'm getting. *Skyrim, for example*

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 21:49 
I'm waiting until I see more photos of it and hear user reviews. I like that color scheme quite a bit.

PostPosted: Mar 03, 2012 22:32 
The Guv
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Now playing: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
PSN: ADPolicenaut
XBL: Starlancer One
I'll keep with the headset I bought, it only cost £30 and it's paid for itself. Damn good quality. Very surprised by a Microsoft product.

Quote:
We gave you a gun and a badge, Spencer. You used them to kill the economy. So we took them off you again.

Profile WWW
 [ 9 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates