[ 41 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mar 09, 2012 19:54 
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Dark_Chris wrote:
News Bot: There was NOTHING wrong with Lee and Revelations Jill's VA's. I think you are blinded because you simply don't like Jill.

Blinded.

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2012 20:01 
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
"You did a fine job."
Project Umbrella

Favorite title: Biohazard 2
PSN: NewsBot
Dark_Chris wrote:
News Bot: There was NOTHING wrong with Lee and Revelations Jill's VA's. I think you are blinded because you simply don't like Jill.

Where have I ever said I don't like Jill...? From what I recall, she's one of my favorite characters.

I just found their acting to be stale and boring, devoid of the ability to properly express emotion in comparison to the remake and BH3 VA's. The change in VA between the REV teaser and the game itself was also utterly pointless and is a bad move considering how dramatically different they sound. I also think Jill's face in Revelations was changed unnecessarily and looks nothing like her.

Just what I think.

Their struggle for existence is over for the time being.
But a sin violating sanctuary isn't forgiven.
This is not just an end.
This is the end of a beginning.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 09, 2012 20:43 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
D.C. Douglas was indeed asked to do a mix of Wesker's with the main influence coming from CV and Remake. That's why his UC voice is so odd compaired to his RE5 etc. voice.

And as far as Jill goes, I haven't had a problem with any of the Jill's VA's in the series, though RE3 Jill is my fav (she also voiced Jean Grey in X-men TAS). Patricia was my second favorite, I think she did a good job as Jill. I agree she was no where near as emotional as Catherine Disher's Last Escape Jill but I didn't think she was that bad. A lot of RE actors came from X-men TAS actually. Claire is done by Alyson Court who did Jubilee. Annette is done by Jennifer Dale who did Mystique in the last few seasons of X-men, and Paul Haddad did Nightcrawler.

Anyway, Revelations Jill didn't bother me in terms of acting. Just didn't see a need to change it and it felt weird after having gotten so used to Patricia, especially considering Douglas is still doing Wesker and Smith is still doing Chris, yet for MVC3 and Revelations they got rid of Patricia. Dunno what happened. Must've been some kind of contractual problem.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2012 3:36 
HOLY FUCKING CRAP
Biohaze Moderator

Now playing: Biohazard 6
I think part of the issue with Leon's voice in RE6 is that it takes time for the new directions to settle in, even if it is the same person. When I first saw RE6's trailer, I thought Mercier was gone, but the more I watch it, the more he starts to come back.

When I first played RE4, I didn't realize that Ada's role had been reprised by Sally Cahill. When I played UC, I thought Sally Cahill had returned right away, but I was mistaken. When DSC rolled around, I thought Sally Cahill sounded way too different from RE2/RE4.

Claire, Chris (Roger Craig Smith) and Krauser did a fine job of maintaining their consistency across games; so did Jill in that first Revelations trailer.

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2012 5:26 
Dark Dimension Ruler
Biohaze Supporter

Favorite title: Biohazard Outbreak File: 2
Now playing: Resident Evil 6
PSN: IkariKH
XBL: IkariKH
3DS: 021608877120
I always new it was Sally in RE4, sounded dead on like Ada to me. In the Chronicles games, not so much. Leon in RE6 didn't come across as bad by any stretch of the imagination to me. He sounded like Leon to me. Not identical to Mercier but still, that's actually for the best if it isn't Mercier. No offense to him, I'm sure he's a good actor in his own right, but, I just don't like him as Leon whatsoever. He's so dull and emotionless to the point he just makes the character extremely boring.

This may not even be his fault, it could be the directors who told him to do that and that's fine. But, still, I just don't care for that direction of the character and am hoping if it's a new guy in 6 and the guy in ORC manage to give him more life and bring back a little of what i loved about Leon in RE2. Paul Haddad did a terrific job in making Leon a very likable and believable human being and I really miss that Leon :(

Profile WWW

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2012 6:09 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
A Ganado Zombie wrote:
News Bot wrote:

I hated Lee's voice acting, to be honest. Seemed so dull, lifeless and devoid of emotion. Even when she was attempting to convey some (her "NO!" before throwing herself out a window).

WHAT? Really?? I thought she was terrific! and WAY better than Jill's voice actor for Revelations.

Me too. Patricia is so awesome in my book. I think her voice is PERFECT for Jill. Kind of has that cool vibe to it, which I think fits Jill nicely.

PostPosted: Mar 10, 2012 22:15 
Sony's Bitch
Mikami's Head

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Conception II/hatsune miku
PSN: RE1Greatest
I would like to talk on this post about the seemless talking
It seems interesting. Kind of like on RE5 when they talked as you reached a point

Image Image

PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 0:45 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Now playing: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
PSN: seanquan
XBL: seanquans
I don't know; for me me I loved Lee and I liked Merceir and Craig Smith.

I think the thing for me is I like the consistency in the character. Since video game characters aren't played by real people (like TV or movies) I like seeing them voiced by the same person. Usually if the VA is good then they help create the character and bring them to life; helping create the character's idenity.

So when the VA is changed, I feel like the character has changed from who they are. Just pisses me off is all.

If claire's VA is ever changed after being the only character to remain the same all these years I will shit a brick.

PostPosted: Mar 11, 2012 3:45 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

Favorite title: Biohazard 5
A Ganado Zombie wrote:
I don't know; for me me I loved Lee and I liked Merceir and Craig Smith.

I think the thing for me is I like the consistency in the character. Since video game characters aren't played by real people (like TV or movies) I like seeing them voiced by the same person. Usually if the VA is good then they help create the character and bring them to life; helping create the character's idenity.

So when the VA is changed, I feel like the character has changed from who they are. Just pisses me off is all.

If claire's VA is ever changed after being the only character to remain the same all these years I will shit a brick.

So true. The best example is Jill in Revelations. Didn't sound like her, or look like her. So when I was playing through the whole game, it really felt like a new character. And her rather lame lines didn't help at all.

But for characters like Chris, I personally like Smith's voice for him a lot more than his other VA for the other games before RE5. Leon, he seems pretty consistent, even though they changed people. But I do like Merceir's work the best.

PostPosted: Mar 13, 2012 6:33 
Jill Sandwich
Jill Sandwich

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
Now playing: Batman: Arkham City
PSN: solarstar81
I wasn't too thrilled at first with DC Douglas replacing Richard Waugh in UC. But he eventually grew on me as his voicework is a combination of both Waugh and Peter Jessop (REmake Wesker) and from that point on he is the definitive Albert Wesker. I just hope and pray that Roger is the permanant voice of Chris which seems most likely. Catherine Disher (RE3 Jill) is still the best Jill to me as well.

[ 41 posts ] 

Forum index » News and Updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next