Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61  Next
PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 15:33 
U.B.C.S. Trainee
U.B.C.S. Trainee

Favorite title: Biohazard 3 Last Escape
Now playing: Uncharted: Lost Legacy, DA:I
DynamiteHeaddy wrote:
They're definitely still fucked up. Umbrella Corps shows us that. They kill their own employees if they know too much, among other highly illegal activities.

I didn't expect them to be saints in the first place :lol: Though I think it'd be so much better if they decided to make the BSAA the bad guys, while Blue Umbrella being the good ones. Would certainly add an interesting twist.

Dark_Chris wrote:
Hell wild theory, woudn't be cool, if the BSAA supervisor within the company was perhaps Jill. It would definitelly made Chris's cooperation with them easily to swallow.

That'd be nice :biggrin: Given Jill's long history (alongside Chris) with Umbrella, I'd make sense to involve her.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 16:09 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

PSN: dynamite_headdy
Some of the more interesting lines that give context to the modern day Biohazard world are from Umbrella Corps, as NewsBot has pointed out. Lines from the new Umbrella like "You're not even fit to fight BSAA rejects!" and "Soon even the BSAA won't stand a chance against us!"

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 16:09 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Favorite title: Biohazard (Rebirth)
News Bot wrote:

Probably, the US Supreme Court did declare Umbrella guilty as a whole but whether it has the authority to seize corporate assets internationally

Yes they can.

The Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) is a financial intelligence and enforcement agency of the U.S. Treasury Department charged with planning and execution of economic and trade sanctions in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives.[3] Under Presidential national emergency powers, OFAC carries out its activities against foreign states as well as a variety of problematic organizations and individuals, like terrorist groups, deemed to be a threat to U.S. national security.[4]

As a component of the U.S. Treasury Department, OFAC operates under the auspices of the Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence and is primarily composed of intelligence targeters and lawyers. While many of OFAC's targets are broadly set by the White House, most individual cases are developed as a result of lengthy investigations by OFAC's Office of Global Targeting (OGT).[5]

Often described as one of the most powerful yet unknown government agencies,[5][6] OFAC has been in existence for more than a half-century and is playing an increasingly significant role as a foreign policy lever of the U.S. government. The agency is empowered to levy significant penalties against entities that defy it, including imposing colossal fines, freezing assets, and altogether barring parties from operating in the U.S. Notably, in 2014, OFAC reached a record $963 million settlement with the French bank BNP Paribas, which was a portion of an $8.9 billion penalty imposed in relation to the case as a whole.[7]

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 16:59 
Master of Unlocking
Master of Unlocking

PSN: dynamite_headdy
I do like Chris' new look and LOVE his gear. The new Umbrella's black-outfitted operator look is great, and I suppose since the Umbrella Corps unit of this new Umbrella is basically an evolved form of the HCF, and they've always worn black outfits. But he just doesn't look his age. Seriously. He's supposed to be 43 years old, and he looks about 30 tops. He looks waaaay too young. He was going grey in BIO6 for god's sake.

And I don't even think that's nitpicking. He doesn't look anywhere close to 43 years old. And I won't even get into WHY he's working for the new Umbrella. That has to be explained pretty quick when I fire up Not a Hero.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 19:15 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

He lost a lot of muscle imo.

This version of Chris looks like he would've got his ass beat in a street fight with Res 5/6 Chris.

Honestly, I've never seen anyone lose so much muscle in such a short amount of time.
He could've been a sponsor for Jenny Craig.

He also has a receding hairline and buck teeth.

essentially he reminds me of the before and after of this guy only in reverse fuckin order:

To give Capcom credit they did tweak Chris up abit since we first saw his model.

I guess they already paid the actor so it wasn't just a simple process of tweaking up his face like Capcom did with Chun Li.

We can see that Capcom went all out for MVCI.
That had taken some serious backlash too by the fanbase.

Weskers Report has received a thanks from: Captain Redfield

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 20:36 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Horror Games
This is not me saying anything new, just me emphasizing something I said a while ago. I said this last February/March I believe, but it's been a while. This is also from the original Not A Hero, I don't know if it's been changed in the revision.

I'll spoiler tag it, but this information is from earlier this year, and a lot of it was also found in the data mine stuff a bit later so a lot of it shouldn't be too surprising.

Spoiler:
In the original Not A Hero, it opens up with a CG cutscene explaining the New Umbrella, it's apparently lengthy and I doubt they got rid of this in the revision.

In the original Not A Hero, you had a different UI and some futuristic type weapons made by Umbrella, including a shotgun, and you wear this power armor. Chris heals by using steroids instead of herbs, and he can do Resident Evil 4-6 esque finisher moves on the Molded, a punch if they're standing up, a stomp if they're on the ground.

Chris distrusts this new Umbrella, and his team mates are kind of assholes.

One of the first scenarios in the DLC is three of his teammates get caught by Lucas's traps and Chris has to save them in three 'dungeons' that Lucas has created.

In the original there were these invulnerable turrets that looked like these crappy put together things that Lucas had made, but for some reason they could not be destroyed. You even saw them before they were activated but couldn't do anything about them. I REALLY hope this was changed.

Something that was changed was the Umbrella Point system. In the original, you got points for killing enemies in special ways and testing out Umbrella's weapons. There was almost no items in the maps, you had to manually buy items with the points you earned. It was rather confusing and a dumb system, and this I know they already got rid of.

There's some new types of Molded, one has pores over its body and expels gas. It can damage Chris if he gets inside the gas, but also if regular Molded get into the gas they turn red and become more aggressive, faster, and more powerful. There's also a new tiny kind of Molded that looks a bit like the Face Hugger from Alien that comes in swarms.

This is all stuff said previously so there's no new info here, and I already know the Umbrella Point system was scrapped (for the better). This is from the original third party version of Not A Hero, not the revised version one more time though should see some of this still certainly I think.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 20:46 
Mikami's Head
Mikami's Head

Dusk Golem wrote:
This is not me saying anything new, just me emphasizing something I said a while ago. I said this last February/March I believe, but it's been a while. This is also from the original Not A Hero, I don't know if it's been changed in the revision.

I'll spoiler tag it, but this information is from earlier this year, and a lot of it was also found in the data mine stuff a bit later so a lot of it shouldn't be too surprising.

Spoiler:
In the original Not A Hero, it opens up with a CG cutscene explaining the New Umbrella, it's apparently lengthy and I doubt they got rid of this in the revision.

In the original Not A Hero, you had a different UI and some futuristic type weapons made by Umbrella, including a shotgun, and you wear this power armor. Chris heals by using steroids instead of herbs, and he can do Resident Evil 4-6 esque finisher moves on the Molded, a punch if they're standing up, a stomp if they're on the ground.

One of the first scenarios in the DLC is three of his teammates get caught by Lucas's traps and Chris has to save them in three 'dungeons' that Lucas has created.

In the original there were these invulnerable turrets that looked like these crappy put together things that Lucas had made, but for some reason they could not be destroyed. You even saw them before they were activated but couldn't do anything about them. I REALLY hope this was changed.

Something that was changed was the Umbrella Point system. In the original, you got points for killing enemies in special ways and testing out Umbrella's weapons. There was almost no items in the maps, you had to manually buy items with the points you earned. It was rather confusing and a dumb system, and this I know they already got rid of.

There's some new types of Molded, one has pores over its body and expels gas. It can damage Chris if he gets inside the gas, but also if regular Molded get into the gas they turn red and become more aggressive, faster, and more powerful. There's also a new tiny kind of Molded that looks a bit like the Face Hugger from Alien that comes in swarms.

This is all stuff said previously so there's no new info here, and I already know the Umbrella Point system was scrapped (for the better). This is from the original third party version of Not A Hero, not the revised version one more time though should see some of this still certainly I think.

Thanks man!

Spoiler:
kinda goes to what I suspected when I argued saying it was Chris that he would probably want to be within this new Umbrella because he doesn't trust it.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 20:53 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles
News Bot wrote:

"New Umbrella" seems to be the localized term they're going for. Goofy.

It's a shame they can't go with... oh I don't know... Neo-Umbrella. OH WAIT!

What in the hell is up with these names? Seriously, what's next? Tricell will come back as Dreicell and we'll have a terrorist group called ThreeCell running around?

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 20:56 
"I need a herb!"
"I need a herb!"

Favorite title: Biohazard 4
Now playing: Horror Games
Yoke wrote:
News Bot wrote:

"New Umbrella" seems to be the localized term they're going for. Goofy.

It's a shame they can't go with... oh I don't know... Neo-Umbrella. OH WAIT!

What in the hell is up with these names? Seriously, what's next? Tricell will come back as Dreicell and we'll have a terrorist group called ThreeCell running around?

The 3rd² Organization

I have to give credit to Umbrella Corps, some of the organization names in that one I actually thought were kind of good.

PostPosted: Sep 06, 2017 21:41 
"You did a fine job."
"You did a fine job."

Dusk Golem wrote:

Spoiler:

Dusk is going to be an invaluable source to this site.
I can't emphasize it enough.

[ 606 posts ] 

Forum index » Biohazard » Modern Biohazard

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 61  Next