1) In all regions, Umbrella Chronicles is the second Resident Evil/Biohazard game to be released on the Wii.
2) For the first time in series history, two players can play with each other on the same system.
3) Umbrella Chronicles marks the fourth game in the series to have some kind of multiplayer functionality.
4) In Japan, two variation packages were released. One was the game by itself, and another was the Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles Expert Pack, which included the Wii Zapper, Wesker's Extra Report and a set of stickers.
5) This is the third game in the series to be subtitled in the American release.
6) While not a part of the Gun Survivor series, Umbrella Chronicles is the fourth game in the series to be played in the first person perspective primarily, and the sixth to have allowed for the capability at all.
7) Umbrella Chronicles is the fourth game in the series to noticeably reuse major amounts of development assets from previous games. The first was Biohazard 3, when it reused parts of the RPD from Biohazard 2. The next was Biohazard Gun Survivor, which directly lifted character models from Biohazard and Biohazard 2. The third was Gun Survivor 2, which was almost completely comprised of previous CODE: Veronica assets.
8) Umbrella Chronicles is the second game in the series to revisit events of a previous game in a modified manner. The first was Gun Survivor 2.
9) Umbrella Chronicles is the third game to feature Rebecca Chambers, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Ada Wong, Albert Wesker and Hunk as prominent playable characters.
10) Umbrella Chronicles is the second game to feature Billy Coen and Carlos Oliveira as prominent playable characters.
11) Umbrella Chronicles brings back almost every non-boss creature from Biohazard 0, Biohazard, Biohazard 2 and Biohazard 3: Last Escape. The exceptions are the amphibian creatures from Biohazard 0, Biohazard 3's Drain Deimos and worms. Additionally, Biohazard 2's Lickers make an appearance.
12) Umbrella Chronicles reuses assets from the Outbreak series for the Biohazard 3 chapter, although only the third part actually contains locale from the original game.